We are looking for Data Managers who will help us define and build the next generation of data operations here in Kaodim.
The mission for the team will be to enable data democracy - enable continuous, controlled access and data-empowered decisions to every team in Kaodim to iterate and scale to datasets in the range of hundreds of GB (for now!). In this role, you will also be working closely with special ops projects including targeted marketing, personalization, recommendations, automated/flexible pricing and our first iteration of machine learning.
We welcome candidates who are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate should also be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What you will be doing
- Manage competing priorities, workloads and activities to achieve multiple project objectives.
- Understand business needs and objectives.
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
- Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources.
- Select, configure and implement analytics solutions.
- Lead and develop a team of data analysts.
- Oversee all analytics operations to correct discrepancies and ensure quality.
- Extract reports from multiple sources (e.g. operations, marketing, etc.).
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights.
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance.
- Actively participates in enterprise-level data governance activities.
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
What we'd like to see in the candidate
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi-task to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on-premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Someone with at least 3 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, along with at least 1 year of experience leading a team.
- Experience in building machine learning platforms and pipelines for training and running machine learning models on distributed systems
Do you have what it takes?
Click Apply above or you can email your application to email@example.com