Production Engineer, Regional
4 years, 4 countries and millions of requests later, Kaodim is powering services throughout Southeast Asia in a scale which surpasses the good ol' startup fail-fast principle. Cloud computing is an integral part of software delivery, and is the barrier between our lines of code in our KL office to our users around the world. We're going for the big five - 99.999%, among other things, and we are looking for you!
You love ideas, and executing them. Having old-school plumbers telling you how they're making dough with just three clicks on the Internet. And your users can tap, swipe and chill to have things cleaned and fixed around the house. No more Facebook posts and cold calling phone numbers on telephone poles (context: Malaysia).
You like building things that make a difference to hundreds of thousands of people and businesses, small and large. You love working with a team as much as you love working with yourself. You are a strategist in discipline and live for results, and are up for a good sprint.
You live by the rules of SRE, and understand the history of DevOps as a discipline for scalable software engineering.
Be a part of Kaodim, and find your place in changing the Southeast Asian market economy from your machine. Buckle up.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring Uptime of application infrastructure according to SLOs through proactive means (architecture, error alerting, etc.), managing schedule and alerting system for on-call production support, and making sure MTTR falls within resolution SLAs.
- Innovating new delivery and operating models and contributing to open-source technology solutions.
- Driving significant improvements to business outcomes through simplifying and accelerating software development practice, both through technical projects and also procedural and technical coaching.
- Delivering substantial cost/effort savings and/or new business capabilities through application of optimizing existing or from new technology.
- Leading the development of automated solutions to monitor and support software development and release processes.
- Leading and influencing the automation of security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Developing DevOps best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, and so forth, to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production.
- Managing system automation, writing scripts to extend the functionality of IT Infrastructure, making use of various APIs and open source tools with sound knowledge of Python programming, web programming and scaling challenges.
What we'd like to see in the candidate
- At least 5 years of experience in infrastructure production support or DevOps.
- Associate or professional-level certifications with one or more cloud providers e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure Cloud.
- Have experience in leading development of automated solutions to monitor and support software development and release processes.
- Have experience in leading and influencing the automation of security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Extensive experience on cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges.
- Proven understanding and/or experience with AWS Well Architected Framework (or equivalent) and Cloud migration industry standards and best practices.
- Exceptional knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (New Relic, CloudWatch, Logstash, Nagios, Prometheus, etc.).
- Experience in Scripting (shell, python) - Skills for monitoring and automation.
- Hands-on knowledge in building automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Jenkins, CodeBuild, CircleCI, Docker, Maven/Gradle, Selenium.
- Experience in deploying and troubleshooting highly available, secure and reliable services with automatic failover using containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, ECS.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automation processes and tools: Terraform, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience working on relational databases (Postgres, MySQL), and distributed computing technologies (Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, MongoDB).
- Experience working with automation and CI/CD implementation for micro-services architecture.
- Strong network and participation with Developer and DevOps community.
Do you have what it takes?
Click Apply below or you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org